Friday, September 27, 2013

Dream part-2

Well this is just the continuation of my previous blog on Dream. I thought to elaborate it with an example. A month ago I was studying in a library where a guy in his 30s was seating besides me.A moment later conversation started between us about GMAT , MBA etc .stuff.Though he was at a executive level and earning a decent amount in an MNC, he quit his job ,surprised me asked him 'why' ? He said he was always fascinated by art objects since childhood and always wanted a flourishing career in it but as I said earlier as we grow the external pressure on us makes us lock our dreams and prepare our-self to choose the path where everybody is just running or I would say 'Bhed chal ' in Hindi.I noticed he got a diary and a pen which seemed quite different from what we generally get at a store .The pen was made of wooden and it was very light in weight and smooth.I said nice pen & diary, he said ' thanks , I made them'.Well I was quite surprised with this one because I've never met an engineer who makes pen , diary etc.He said that he and his wife  started this business.He showed me the pictures of other art objects he made and the entire process.He collects the raw material such as wooden , news papers , metals etc and has special tools to shape them and puts a coating on it .Seems quite tedious process but that's how art objects are made.He said that now his work is getting a recognition and receiving orders for corporate gifts,for exhibition in trade fairs.
 How awesome is that? For me it was inspiring.
   This is how a hobby converted into business and I suppose that's what you love doing.That's why many successful people say ' Do what you love and love what you do'.

Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment