Tuesday, September 24, 2013

IRCTC vs Facebook vs Google

I have been an engineering student and can understand few technical aspects of a large consumer
website. Well to be more precise here I am talking about our Indian railway website
www.irctc.co.in  . I accept that our itinerary has become more smooth since the launch of this website but one thing I am not able to get is that why it never loads fast, never lets you transact correctly, fails completely doing tatkal booking ?

I can understand that this is one of the web site which needs to handle massive amount of requests per second but how  other website like facebook, google etc which also handles such a massive amount of requests, but those works perfectly fine ?

This reminds me above fundamental epics which  I was thinking to master during my undergraduate days and suggest the same to our Indian railway system to read it cover to cover for the enhancement of services .:)




No comments:

Post a Comment